July 12 | Wednesday
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana, Novena to St. Joseph, Memorial Qurbana for Joseph Thomas Mudavankunnel (Father of Mary Prothasis) and for Augustine Kappiarumalayil (Brother of Prothasis)
July 14 | Friday
- 07:00 pm: Confession
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana, Novena to St. Alphonsa
July 15 | Saturday | Feast of Kuriakose & Julita
- 10:00 am: Holy Qurbana, Novena to Mother Mary of Perpetual Help
July 16 | Sunday | Season of Kaitha I | Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- 10:15 am: Holy Qurbana
- Qurbana Readings:Deut 4:10-14 /(4:10-24) Don’t forget Lord’s covenant
Isa 5:8-20 /(5:8-25) The Holy God shows himself holy by
1 Cor 16:1-14 /(15:58-16:24) Do everything in love.
Lk 13:22-30 /(13:22-35) Enter through the narrow door
July 19 | Wednesday
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana, Novena to St. Joseph
Season of Kaitha
This season commences commemorating the twelve apostles of Christ. The seven-week long period is called Kaitha. The term ‘Kaitha’ means summer. It is the season of harvest. This season reminds us of the growth of the Church as a result of the missionary activity of the apostles.
The criteria to measure the growth of the Church are the life of witness of the individual Christians. Hence the commemoration of apostles and martyrs who were faithful to the Church is a special feature of this season. It reminds also of our responsibility to follow their life-style. This season reminds us of a total conversion which is effected by the renewal of mind and heart through the obedience of the law.
It can be seen also as a preparation to the season of Elijah-Cross- Moses that points to the second coming of our Lord. It directs us to the need of repentance and conversion. We have to be prepared for the second coming of our Lord. May this season help us to renounce our sinful ways and lead a life of holiness.