November 1 | Wednesday
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana, Novena to St. Joseph
November 3 | First Friday
- 07:00 pm: Confession
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana , Novena to St. Alphonsa
- 08:15 pm: Adoration
- 08:15 pm: Adoration by Youth in Chapel
November 4 | Saturday
- 10:00 am: Holy Qurbana ,Office of the dead, Novena to Mother Mary of Perpetual help.(Memorial Qurbana for Baby Zacharias Pannikot, Father of Bincy Thomas Thannickal)
November 5 | Sunday | Season of Dedication of the Church I
- 09:45 am: Holy Qurbana (English)
- 09:45 am: Adoration, Intercessory Prayers (Chapel)
- 10:45 am: CCD Classes
- 10:45 am: Holy Qurbana (Malayalam)
- Qurbana Readings:
1)Ex 40:17-29,34-38 (40:17-38) The glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.
2)Isa 6:1-8 (6:1-13) The hem of His robe filled the temple.
3)1 Cor 13:1-13 (12: 27-13:13) Love is the greatest gift.
4)Mt 16:13-19 I will build my Church on this rock.
St. Chavara Mission Bakersfield No Holy Qurbana
Season of Dedication of the Church
The last four weeks of the liturgical year belong to this season. Though there are different views regarding the origin of this season, the prayers indicate that it is the period of the dedication of the Church. In the beginning of this season, we remember Jesus offering the Church, His spouse, to the Father after the last judgment. At the end of the ages, the Church, with her children, meets her bridegroom in heavenly Jerusalem. It is a foretaste of the eternal bliss to come. Thus the liturgical year reminds us that Christians are called upon to attain eternal glory through the Church.