November 8 | Wednesday
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana, Office of the deceased, Novena to St. Joseph, Memorial Qurbana for Fr. Joseph Kalayil (Uncle of Preetha Puthiakunnel)
November 10 | Friday
- 07:00 pm: Confession
- 07:30 pm: Holy Qurbana , Office of the deceased, Novena to St. Alphonsa, Memorial Qurbana for Mr. T. A. Augustine, (Father of Biju Thottumkal)
November 11 | Saturday
- 10:00 am: Holy Qurbana, Novena to Mother Mary of Perpetual help.
November 12 | Sunday | Season of Dedication of the Church II
- 09:45 am: Holy Qurbana (English)
- 09:45 am: Adoration, Intercessory Prayers (Chapel)
- 10:45 am: CCD Classes
- 10:45 am: Holy Qurbana (Malayalam)
- Qurbana Readings:
1)Ex 40:1-16 The Tabernacle and its equipments are sanctified.
2)1 Kings 8:22-29 Solomon’s prayer before the altar.
3)Heb 8:1-6 We have a high priest seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty.
4)Mt 12:1-13 The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.
St. Chavara Mission Bakersfield 04:30 pm Holy Qurbana
Season of Dedication of the Church
The last four weeks of the liturgical year belong to this season. Though there are different views regarding the origin of this season, the prayers indicate that it is the period of the dedication of the Church. In the beginning of this season, we remember Jesus offering the Church, His spouse, to the Father after the last judgment. At the end of the ages, the Church, with her children, meets her bridegroom in heavenly Jerusalem. It is a foretaste of the eternal bliss to come. Thus the liturgical year reminds us that Christians are called upon to attain eternal glory through the Church.